The "CCP" is unique program designed to advance student success at West Chester University. The Co-Curricular Portfolio provides a framework in which students can document their out-of-classroom activities to complement their academic experience and career goals. The Portfolio also gives students an opportunity to reflect on their co-curricular accomplishments and personal growth and development. Finally, the Co-Curricular Portfolio is designed to complement a student’s transcript and resume when applying for professional positions and entrance into graduate school.
Few schools offer this standout document listing all of your achievements, both socially and academically. Future employers say the Co-Curricular Portfolio could be the deciding factor that takes you above the pack in terms of getting hired for a job! It’s never too late to start one.
Important Information to Know:
- You must join the Co-Curricular Portfolio OrgSync Portal to begin documenting co-curricular involvement. See link here to the Portal: https://orgsync.com/32063/chapter
- All forms are submitted through the OrgSync Portal.
- You must meet with the Graduate Assistant for Leadership to review your document submission and draft before a finalized version can be signed by the Vice-President for Student Affairs or another member of the Student Leadership & Involvement team.
- Each activity must be verified with documentation. Providing this documentation is the responsibility of the student.
- Activity is not limited to your experience just on campus at WCU. All relevant experiences as an undergraduate student are applicable (as a transfer student prior to WCU, or off-campus community involvement, etc.)
- The wording and grammar you use on your form submissions will be transferred directly, without editing, to the final copy. Please note this as you will want your descriptions to be appropriate and professional.
A Sample Co-Curricular Portfolio
View an example of a sample Co-Curricular Portfolio and see what it will look like once finalized: http://orgsync.com/29326/files/1062361/show
Forms to Complete:
The CCP is constructed using the following forms, broken down by pre-determined categories of co-curricular involvement. Take a look at the completed CCP linked above to get an idea about how to submit your forms. This overall checklist will help you fill out the forms below: http://orgsync.com/29326/files/1062374/show
Step One: Join the Co-Curricular Portfolio OrgSync page here!
Step Two: Complete these additional forms for each category as needed (you may submit more than one for each category - it depends on how many activities you wish to document):
Step Three: Complete your reflection on the Co-Curricular Portfolio Request form: https://orgsync.com/32063/forms/39863
Step Four: Officially submit the Co-Curricular Portfolio Request.
Step Five: Wait for an email to pick up your finished Co-Curricular Portfolio signed by the Vice President of Student Affairs 3 weeks after your final submission.
*Each entry needs to be verified. The Graduate Assistant for Leadership can tell you what kind of documentation would work for a particular case, but examples are also provided below. Submit verification by uploading documentation directly to the form when it asks.
If for some reason, the information you submit does not meet the standards, you will be notified to submit additional information. These standards are determined by Student Leadership & Involvement personnel.
- Uploading Documentation: In order to upload documents, you can use the following strategies:
EXAMPLE DOCUMENTATION: http://orgsync.com/32063/files/179143/show
Sarah Tansits, the Graduate Assistant for the Office of Leadership and Involvement, can be contacted via email at: email@example.com
The Leadership Consultants can be contacted via email at:
Samantha Stalford: SS800937@wcupa.edu
Laura Sposato: LS811234@wcupa.edu